Saturday 16 February 2013

February GLOSSYBOX 2013

Was quite chuffed to see this swing round my house a couple of days ago. A special Love Edition, this box was kitted out in pink with I must say a very fetching hot pink bow... (which I secretly might use in my hair...)

Do excuse the finger print! 













Micabella Mineral Eyeshadow - If I'm honest, loose eyeshadows just seem like a huge effort. I start music school quite early in the morning so there's always a lot of chucking products back on my bed or using them quite quickly and I know if I used a product like this, one jolt would send its contents flying all over my bedroom carpet! This colour does look really interesting and original though, it's a gold bronze colour with undertones of olive. I think I might try for a party and judging that 2.5g is just under £15 it sounds good quality!



Rituals Magic Touch - I'm pretty sure I've heard of Rituals before and ohhh this stuff is magical! I quite often hate artificial cherry smells but this smells more like a delicious natural potpourri. I don't usually get dry hands but this winter has been extra cruel and so when I saw this I instantly massaged it into my hands and found it to be utterly luxurious and nourishing. It sinks in like an expensive cream and has a satiny creamy feel instead of feeling greasy and oily which is so common in inexpensive moisturisers. I will definitely consider buying this in full size, it feels absolutely gorgeous and I rarely get excited about moisturisers/creams which is saying something!


MeMeMe Beat The Blues - I haven't tried this yet but apparently it's a good dupe for Benefit High Beam which is over 3 times the price. It's a shimmery pinky cream used for highlighting and I'm really looking forward to trying this because I've wanted to try this brand before and also I'm dying for a new highlight which actually stays all day! Hopefully this will.

Figs and Rouge Rambling Rose Lip Balm - First off, I adore the vintage packaging and even though initially I wasn't keen on the smell, I'm warming to it now and it reminds me of country cottages and lavender stuffed drawer bags! Application is really smooth and it genuinely feels as if it would gently sooth very dry lips (those kind that you keep licking but they only get dryer and sorer *meep*). Usually, waxy lip products work better for me than balms but I hope this proves me wrong. I especially love the metal packaging too, nice and hygienic.

Miners Lip Colour in Dreamer - I love lipstick. It's just my thing. I'm a sucker for dark vampy or bright colours but not so much nudes or nudey shimmering pinks which this is. But to be honest, sometimes my lips feel naked and it's not always appropriate to make them stick out so I think this colour will come in useful for concerts and such like. It has a lovely fruity smell and seems to be moisturising too which is always a plus!


It also came with a heart shaped lolly which had a bit of a tough time in transit but oh well, if it tastes good! Will definitely enjoy using this box, I love everything in it and there's nothing I wouldn't use. Plus another box to store make up in, hurrah!

Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment