Saturday 9 February 2013

January GLOSSYBOX 2013

Glossybox £10 + £2.95 p&p
Excitement reigns! My first Glossybox. I'd heard way too much about these little boxes and decided it was time to try one (plus everyone knows January needs to be given a bit of oomph). The Glossybox comes with 5 beauty products from skincare to haircare to make up. All wrapped up in cute black tissue paper and crinkle cut strands, this box is sophisticated and perfect for storing items.

First cheerful chappy in the box was the Sanctuary Spa Mask. This comes in 2 steps: First a Peptide Transformation Serum and then a Thermal Rose Clay Mask. I haven't used this yet but I've been a great fan of Sanctuary Spa products in the past and think they spell divine.


Next up was the Monu Micro Exfoliant. I found the gritty bits in it far too scratchy and sore and they were a bit difficult to wash off. It did remove dead skin and made my skin soft but it is hardly the best exfoliator I've tried. It claims to be for all skin types but I didn't like it on my sensitive skin. However, the smell was gorgeous and reminded me of a happy holiday. I'll finish this up because everyone needs to exfoliate once in a while but with £14.50 for 100ml I don't think I'll be purchasing it.


I do love getting fragrances and was chuffed with Lacoste's Eau de Lacoste. The smell is so so but nothing special. It's good for a quick touch up on the go but I don't think I'll buy the full size because I'm not too plum crazy about the smell.


Murad is a brand I've heard floating around YouTube and various blogs so I was intrigued by the Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for eyes. The little pot it comes in is so cute! And the cream is very soothing and gentle on the skin around the eyes and it also brightens them a little. I won't buy the full size purely because it's very expensive but it gives a wonderful little lift when your peepers are feeling aged.


The last little fella in the box was the BM Beauty Dewy Perfection Finishing Powder and BM Beauty was co-founded by ex Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt! A little goes a fairly long way and it's a lovely highlighter and finishing powder. It made my face look a lot less dull and worked to highlight my cheekbones. Lovely little product.

January's Glossybox also came with a sleeping mask which I will probably never use because I roll around so much that these things just fall off me! 

Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment