Wednesday 27 February 2013

My Lipstick Collection








These are possibly my favourite high street lipsticks. They're moisturising, well pigmented, smooth to apply and don't smell too bad either! I just wish they had names but I'm a sucker for that kind of thing! The red is just gorgeous, a dark bordering on vampy red and the BEST thing definitely is that it still looks stunning on slightly dry lips because the colour becomes slightly darker and creates an ombre effect!


The pigmentation in these is quite like the Kate Moss range but they're a bit glossier. They don't stay on as long as the Kate Moss lipsticks though. I love them both equally except perhaps the coral colour more because it is the PERFECT nude for me! I have orangey undertones in my lips rather than pinky so this colour suits me a lot better than the coarse Kate Moss nude. God knows why I bought that!

I bought these on a wee whim and I still think they're quite cute. Crap packaging but whatever. Candy Mist can look a bit frosty and dead on the lips but used sparingly, it can be quite flattering. Honeysuckle is beautiful and gives lips a natural nude glossy finish without being too much. Application is beautifully smooth and luxurious but it doesn't stay on very long and needs a new application max. 2 hours later.

 I thought Touch of Magic was hilarious when I first picked it up years ago and it still creates the cutest hot pink colour ever! (This swatch definitely doesn't do it justice). It applies very evenly and softly but the colour takes a while to mature into a bright pink because it changes colour with the heat of your lips (which is why I don't think it changed colour very well on my cold hands!) I dislike the MUA lipstick and you can find out why here but it's in my collection so I popped it in!

 I love my Chanel lipstick so so much. It's the perfect natural lip colour with a slight fairy pink tone to it and subtle shimmer. Needless to say for around £23 application is beautifully smooth and it has fairly good staying power too! I don't know what possessed me to buy this No7 lipstick, it looks fairly nice in a swatch but on the lips it's positively ridiculous! I'm determined to make it work though if it's the last thing I do! Application is lovely and smooth.

If you want to see more collections or anything really just leave a wee comment!
Take care x



No comments:

Post a Comment