Monday 15 July 2013

GLASGOW | MERCHANT CITY IS...

 St David's Kirk,  Glasgow cobblestones,  Typical Glaswegian guy with bulldog for protection!  Indian restaurant: Dakhin,  Couple getting married on the steps of The Gallery of Modern Art,  The Gallery of Modern Art,  Saint Vincent Place,  Ingram Street,  Glasgow City Halls,  Merchant Square,  Old hospital founded by George and Thomas Hutcheson rebuilt 1805,  Pretty Green, Old hospital,  Cruise,  Jigsaw,  Virginia Place,  Architecture on Ingram Street,  Lane running through Virginia Place,  Candleriggs plus my feet,  Delicious pizza me and my sister had on the steps of The Gallery of Modern Art

The average population of a world city is approximately 50,000 people. 
Glasgow City has a population of approximately 600,000 people.

And out of all that, I wonder how many people actually stop for a moment and look at some of the beauty around us.
I was walking through Merchant City yesterday and the weather was just beautiful. It was sunny, hot and slightly breezy, but not enough to whip up everyones skirts! Thank goodness!
I think the sun always makes any city look ten times better but Merchant City always looks beautiful so yesterday, it was a diamond in the rough.

I hope you enjoy my photos, I wanted to share a wonderful part of Glasgow with you as it's just such a beautiful area and the architecture is stunning. It's a very wealthy part of Glasgow so is home to many expensive shops and bars but there are so many affordable and mouth watering restaurants.

If you're ever in Glasgow, take a look at Merchant City, it genuinely is beautiful. 
Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment