Friday 5 July 2013

L'eau | L'acqua | Love?


If you're asking why I'm doing an entire post on water, don't worry. I'm asking myself the exact same thing. Can I really justify talking about water for an entire post? Well it seems as if I am.

Why is it, we don't drink enough water? It was the first drink of the world and most likely will be the last drink too. It's the most quenching liquid on the surface of the planet and it's beneficial in so many ways. Perhaps it's the taste? Would we reach for it more if it tasted more like Coca Cola and less like metal? I can hardly even pinpoint what it tastes like. It's just water.

I had a mini sort of eureka moment the other day. My lips were constantly dry and flaky, my face had a lot of hyper pigmentation, blemishes and break outs and my skin was completely dehydrated all over my body. I'd subconsciously head someone say too that water was the best moisturiser and so I began drinking a few glasses of water a day. Not even the standard 2 litres. Just a little. The change couldn't have been more surprising...

My hyper pigmentation cleared up dramatically.
My breakouts decreased in size or completely disappeared and no new facial demons arrived.
My face looked less grubby.
My lips became a lot more softer and considerably less dry.
My body became slightly less dry despite a decrease in application of moisturiser (due to pure laziness I might add.)
My energy increased and I felt a little less tired.

I did switch my skincare that week but I ate exactly the same as I always do. So If this is the kind of change your body undergoes with just a couple of glasses of water today, why on earth aren't we drinking enough? It's too much effort. It tastes boring. I've even heard people say they don't like the taste of water. Does it even have a taste? I don't think people are ignorant of the improvements water gives, I think it's just laziness mostly. 

Maybe it varies but I know that I'm going to continue trying to drink more water, because it really does make a huge difference.

I hope this post was a little bit interesting and I'd like to hear what you think. Thanks as always for checking out my blog. Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment