Monday 17 October 2011

SHOE SERIES ∆ www.theoutnet.com/ MARNI

These are possibly the cutest wedges I've come across this autumn. A wedgey and clog mix, this shoe is definitely something I would wear on a warm October day... except for one thing. The beige coloured material that covers a large majority of the shoe is calf skin. This is unacceptable. And a factor that prevents me from wearing these pairs of shoes. I frequently walk past beautiful sets of fur coats in various vintage shops and even though the feel of the material is delightful, it's so upsetting thinking of innocent animals being skinned just so we can look a bit more expensive or a bit more 'beautiful'. I am totally 100% against real fur. And you should be too.
I'm not discriminating Marni, or insulting them in any way because so many designers use fur, snakeskin, leather, etc. But just for a moment, before you buy those shoes or bags or coats, think about the way they kill the animals and how inhumane it is. For more information, please check out PeTA. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment