Thursday 20 October 2011

TOPSHOP HAUL :)

I went to Topshop today! Woohoo! What a boost. Bought some really lovely things and decided to put a post up about them. I've never done a haul before, they seem really popular on YouTube, but mine is going to be a written one. I was looking at another person's blog on Blogger and realised that a month ago I would have longed for a blog like hers, with cool designs and lots of followers and good pictures and comments but now I realise that no matter how few people are reading this blog, I still enjoy it; and I still enjoy how I put it together. :) Everything that I bought was in the sale, so I might not be able to put a link. The first thing I bought was a really cute gathered mini skirt. It reminds me of a shorter version of a 70's style and 60's pattern all rolled into one!
This little beauty cost me around £15. I love the buttons down the front. I think they make the skirts quite like a 70s skirt. Denim skirts with buttons down the front - as seen on Claudia Schiffer - are very fashionable right now and journey back to the 70s when denim, jumpers and blazers were all the rage. I think this would look lovely with an off red body con top and some nude beige sandals for summer. For winter, you could team it with black, plum or blue tights and leather ankle boots with a fur lining; on the top you could wear a leather jacket and navy polo or just a heavy knit if it is more of an autumn evening. Whatever the weather, this lovely little skirt is very adaptable.

Here are a couple of addresses for buttoned skirts:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/79639

http://www.marisota.co.uk/

http://www.jdwilliams.co.uk/




I really love this top. It's a size 8 and from Topshop Petite. I'm sure every girl loves shopping and finding clothes that are marked at several sizes lower than their normal size and it fits perfectly! It's such a treat. BEWARE Large Breasted Girls!!! I'm afraid this is not the top for you. It looks best with boob sizes from AA to C. But seriously, I love this top. For starters the Peter Pan style collar is really fashionable at the moment and the grey colour makes hazelnut and brunette hair shine and look rich in colour. Match it in summer with a cute pair of denim shorts and some preppy sandals or pumps. In winter, try putting it together with a cute little miniskirt or tuck it into a flowing ankle length skirt; finally finish the look off with a pair of brogues or wedges. This look would also look really good with a pleated black full length skirt and a pair of sturdy winter boots with a heel. Not sure why, but this top reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw!

Here are other Peter Pan collared clothes:

http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/product/ribbon-lace-peter-pan-collar-chiffon-top/

 This is my last item. I was determined at some point to own something with The Beatles on it. Whether it be a cushion, a top, a clock, even a pair of shoes. So I was happy to find a tee on sale. I'm hoping it will look really good with the buttoned skirt I got up top. I'm also planning to use it as one half to a pair of pyjamas, as it is pretty huge. Try wearing it with a pair of skinny stone washed jeans and flip flops. Or go with a rocker edge and add some jewellery and a pair of converses. Or like me, make it kooky instead of rocky and wear it with a gathered or flared waist skirt and silver jewellery and some cute socks in a bright red or light blue. Whatever you do to this look to make it your own, remember, you're wearing The Beatles and that can never got out of style! ;)

Here are some clothes with famous people on them:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/34758 - Karl Lagerfeld
http://www.amazon.co.uk/lady-gaga-short-sleeved-t-shirt-white/dp/B004OQZVL4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1319126774&sr=8-9 - Lady Gaga

Have a good day and please keep reading my blog :)



No comments:

Post a Comment