Sunday 31 March 2013

March Favourites

March has been a hectic month for me and the weather's been pretty awful too but I've got used to changing my beauty routine. I now fill in my eyebrows which I never used to and have also been getting used to having Glossyboxes every month!

Yankee Candle in Midnight Jasmine
This is my second Yankee candle and the only scent I've ever purchased. I'm more of a fan of the white ranges at Yankee because I feel they're a little more natural. This smell is soft and subtle and sweet but not overpowering. I light it when I'm feeling stressed or needing to relax and for such a small candle, it really makes a difference by how pretty it looks and its smell.

Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Deep Moisture Body Milk
I cannot rave about this enough! It is so moisturising and the smell is just to die for! Enriched with almond, cocoa, yoghurt, oat and honey; the best way I can describe is that it smells a lot like a sweet steaming bowl of porridge! It really does moisturise the skin very well and the fragrance is left on your clothes and skin all day making you smell good enough to eat!

Sudocrem
This month has been very unkind to my skin. I don't know if it's the insane changes in temperature or that Spring has arrived but my face is suffering from many a cruel face demon. Dollop a bit of this on a bad spot, go to bed and hey presto, in the morning the spot is visibly reduced and no longer red and annoying! My go to spot remover. It's super cheap, useful for other things and a little goes a long way!

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush | Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
I have been loving lip stains this month and my favourites are the Revlon ones but I also came across the lip blush in the March Glossybox. Both are just gorgeous on the lips and though the Revlon stains are a little on the pricey side, I can't say no to such an amazing product with fantastic colour pay off and that lasts for ages! Both are actually super moisturising too.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara
This has been non stop blethered about for months. Like so many other mascaras it tells you its going to give you the false lash effect and give you more length but... it actually does. This is the BEST mascara I have ever ever used and I would go far as to say it is so worth its £18.50 price tag. So many mascaras flake off half way through the day but this baby stays put until the moment you take it off. Luckily this was given to me by my sister but I have no inhibitions about shelling out almost twenty quid for it. It is just such an amazing mascara. (Plus it's a very true black colour, none of this grey stuff!)

Ciaté in Purple Sherbet
I rediscovered this in my collection and didn't use it much because I thought it was the same as the popular Models Own Lilac Dream; however, it's a lot lighter and actually more of a lavender nude. It's absolutely beautiful and a slightly more sophisticated lavender shade too. 

Jemma Kidd Essential Smoky Kit
I'd been on the lookout for the right eyebrow fill in colour and so many on the highstreet were too dark. I was just about to shell out on a MAC eyebrow pencil when I tried mixing the two brown shadows in this palette. They match perfectly with my eyebrows and the little square brush helps me get a neat shape. I'm really enjoying filling in my brows with this. 

Juicy Couture's Couture La la 
I love getting fragrance samples as I'm always too stingy to shell out for a bottle and I've been in love with the Juicy Couture fragrances for a while and was chuffed with this sample. The fragrance blends sparkling mandarin with bold white florals to create a daring and feminine scent. I really love this smell and it does stay put all day too. 

So those are my beauty favourites of the month and I thought I'd throw in my song and TV show for the month of March:



Song of the month
Agitata da due venti - Vivaldi | sung by Cecilia Bartoli
One of these days, I will conquer this song myself! It's just an absolutely beautiful, exciting and outrageously difficult song to sing but shows of Cecilia Bartoli's brilliant agility.

Tv show of the month
Heading Out - BBC Two
I've always loved Sue Perkins. She's such an inspiration and wonderfully witty and clever. Heading Out is a six week sit-com written by Sue Perkins and follows the journey of a 40 year old vet trying to tell her parents that she's gay. It's such a cute witty story and quintessentially Sue Perkins comedy which just makes me love it that little bit more.

This was definitely a hefty post but hopefully an interesting one. Let me know if there is anything you'd like a blog post on in the future and again thank you so much for reading :)

Take care x






No comments:

Post a Comment