Thursday 27 June 2013

Face Masks | Cucumber Mask for Acne

A pleasantly zingy mask for when your face is feeling unloved, moody and dull. 

1 tablespoon of oats  +  1 tablespoon  +  1/4 cucumber  +  2 tablespoons of honey  +  1 tablespoon of lemon juice  + mixing bowl
So first off, with your spotty hormonal skin all freshly washed, you want to cut the cucumber into slices and pop them in the blender. My blender was being a giant poop today so I just worked those biceps mashing up the cucumber instead. Both methods work but a blender is essentially better because it mashes up the cucumber more making it easier to form a paste with the other ingredients. 


In hindsight, I probably should have mashed it up more but it did work! Also don't forget to use the entire cucumber. Don't throw the end away like I almost did as it'll work just the same and you're hopefully not going to be consuming it! Though it did taste quite nice...

Next, add the oats, lemon juice and honey. A little tip here, if you're using cloudy honey (which I did) instead of runny honey, heat it up a little before adding it as it will melt and mix into the mask more easily. And then, mix truly, madly, deeply.



The recipe calls for only 1 tablespoon of honey but with the excessive juice from the cucumber I added 2 tablespoons and probably could have added more. It creates a paste that sits on the face better and doesn't mean bits of cucumber are falling off your face... um cough cough. 
Just keeping adding things until you feel that it's a good paste to apply to the old visage.

AND YOU'RE DONE! 

I was pleasantly surprised by the results of this! I genuinely believe cucumber is very good for the skin and the oats were great for a light morning exfoliation. It made my skin look more radiant and glowy and I couldn't believe how smooth my skin looked. My face has been screaming for an exfoliation recently... Eww. It definitely made my massive breakout feel less irritated and sore and I like to think reduced the spot size but that could just be me haha! 
Leave this mask on until it dries and feels tight, so for about 10-15 minutes. And then wash off and apply your favourite moisturiser!

Don't forget, drinking water is the best moisturiser! I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Take care x

2 comments:

  1. You can even make it with a bit of milk instead of cucumbers. It makes your face nice and firm. I like oat for a face masks.


    http://theshortiesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I'm looking forward to trying that!

    ReplyDelete