Friday 7 June 2013

Models Own | Wah Nail Wraps REVIEW



I've always liked Models Own polishes, they're creamy and cute and pretty chip resistant. They came out with nails wraps last year and it's taken me a while to try them out but today being my birthday, I thought I'd don some fake nails and give them a try.

Advantages 

As a sticker, they're extremely easy to apply and give the impression you've spent hours on your nails. They're also really original channelling a comic/kitsch vibe and each sticker comes in a slightly different size to minimise shaping. There are 20 stickers in the pack incase you ruin the first one and they're also reasonably priced at about £7 for 2 applications and a nail file. 

Disadvantages

The wraps could me more sticky, at the moment they have the stickiness of a scrapbook sticker, not a durable nail design. I found the corners curled up on some nails but I must admit that could be due to the false nail surface instead of the natural nail. The bottom of the sticker is very square shaped which I find quite impractical as my nail beds are very round. It's also slightly difficult to file the wrap without filing too much of the nail and also the wrap doesn't always cover the entire nail and if it does, it's almost impossible to clip/cut the wrap around the nail; however, this is a first impression so I reckon it takes a bit of practice as I've never used anything like this before!


All in all I like these wraps, they're cute and fun but they can be quite difficult sometimes to apply. I won't be running out and buying these again instantly but I'll definitely purchase them again at some point in the future. Practice makes perfect! Also they look equally good with a shiny/matte top coat. Give them a try and let me know what you think.

Thanks guys, I hope this was informative and as always my lovelies, Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment