Saturday 14 September 2013

BEST BOOTS THIS SEASON | Dune | Russell & Bromley | Kurt Geiger | Topshop

From left to right: Okada, Paddys,  Steve Madden Teritory, Ploy, Toffee
Dune has a delicious selection of boots this season. I first had a little peek just before my work shift when I had a few minutes to spare and fell in love with some real beauties. These boots aren't the most expensive on the market but they are pretty pricey, however, for well made leather boots I think the price is perfectly reasonable.

The Okada (£160) is a beautiful grungy brogue boot. It looks wonderfully sturdy and would look very cute with ankle socks and baggy boyfriend jeans. 

I am in love with the Paddys (£85). They are the perfect ankle boot for me. Simple, a workable nutty brown leather and goes with everything as well as being very comfy! I think these babies are lovely and as good boots go they definitely aren't the most expensive.

Steven Madden is big in the US and I have heard a lot about his shoes. These Teritory (£115) boots are chic, a very autumnal and juicy berry shade and working a melange of straps and buckles which are definitely still 'in' when it comes to boots this season.

The Ploy (£115) is a style of boot that is everywhere this season. A relaxed ankle boot with a couple of straps at the back below the ankle. This boot is perfect for those cold but dry days and the slight opening at the side allows for air to circulate around the foot. Nothing worse that tight sweaty feeling feet!

The Toffee (£149) is a riding boot and these are everywhere. It's tall, well fitted and has a buckle at the back for a bit of edge. The perfect pair of rainy day boots that would go with any outfit.


From left to right: Jagger, Orchid-Dry, Zip-Up, 50-50, Zena

Russell & Bromley is know to be a fabulous boot shop with good quality styles. It isn't the most pocket friendly shoe shop but the boots are very very well made and very stylish.

The Jagger (£395) is a gorgeous ankle boot in the style of a cowboy boot which is popular this season. It reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean and the buckles and strings just make these babies such a statement. I would literally purchase them in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the hefty price tag.

The Orchid-Dry (£295) is actually a pair my sister purchased last winter. They are still around this season which goes to show how attractive they are. She loves them, the leather is beautifully crafted and they are by far the comfiest boots she's ever bought. They looks great on any size too.

The Zip-Up (£165) is essentially a shoe boot with a heel and these are everywhere. These are more of the simple boots you can find on the market and I think they work really well as work shoes for horrible rainy days. Perfect to keep your tootsies cosy!

Multiple material is very common the catwalk at the moment and 
the 50-50 (£395) has a mixture of black suede leather and a comfy stretchy material. The front panel moves all the way up the leg over the knee and this style is quite common on the high street at the moment. I think strangely enough, these boots can be perfect for women not too confident with their knees! I really don't like my knees and dread to imagine what they'll look like when I'm older!

The Zena (£275) has a lovely individual quilted pattern along the side of the boot. This grungy buckle type of boot has been around since the spring/summer season and it looks to be popular through autumn and winter too! These look hot with skinny jeans.

From left to right: Bonjour, Strike, Vanessa, Bedina, Shard
  I love Kurt Geiger. Their stilettos are beautiful and I popped in yesterday for a cheeky gander and their boots this season are to die for. A mixture of punky Miley Cyrus boots with grungy gold detailing and harsh lines. 

The Bonjour (£90) is almost everything I'd desire in a boot. The tough high heel for height and terrible weather. The straps and buckles that break up the heaviness of the boot and the gold detailing which I think makes any shoe look expensive. These boots are just gorgeous.

There are heavy gold chains everywhere on the high street now. They seem to have migrated from our necks to our toes! The Strike (£160) are a prime example. These ankle boots are perfectly simple black leather apart from a heavy gold chain over the arch of the foot. I'm undecided with these boots and I think I'd have to be in a particular mood to wear them but I quite like them all the same.

The Vanessa (£195) is a boot very reminiscent of Russell & Bromley's 50-50. The mixture of materials has arrived again and these boots are a little more slim lined and happily enough a lot cheaper!

The Wild West and cowboy attire is definitely inspiring this season's footwear. The Bedina (£190) is definitely influenced by cowboys but has a slightly more mature look to it. Perfect for more mature women who like that style but don't want to look like an actual cowboy! I love the slight ombre effect with the leather also.

The Shard (£170) is definitely a boot that makes me think of Miley Cyrus! I love the heavy gold buckled detailing. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but I just had to include these. They are definitely fun adolescent boots and would look lovely with some clothes from American Apparel and Urban Outfitters.

From left to right: Astrix 40, Gripped 75, Mania Shearling 38, Apache 90, Hunter Tall 85
I felt I had to include some cute boots on the high street with a slightly cheaper price tag. Boots are so expensive! 

The Astrix (£40) is considerably cheaper than many of the boots in the post and actually it makes them quite a steal! The big heel is very 'in' at the moment as is the floral material.

I love the Gripped (£75) boots. They are so chic and feminine and these stiletto boots are everywhere at the moment as is this gorgeous aubergine colour. 

Now for you loves out there who just like some comfy chilled out flat boots with a sassy bit of fur, these are perfect! The Mania Shearling (£38) boots are perfect and very indie which is quite rare on the high street now in boots. They are also velvet which is so luxurious and a great talking point. And of course, velvet is everywhere right now!

I am in love with these Apache (£90) boots. They would not suit me but they are genuinely gorgeous. The cut outs work so well and don't prevent them from being boots since the chunky heel protects the shoe in puddles. The patent red colour is very Christmassy and I just love them so much in general. So grungy.

The last pair of boots is this gigantic post are the humble but still very popular Tall Hunter (£85) wellies. You can purchase these in many places not just Topshop but I found such an adorable bright red pair on their website. If your boots have holes in them, are painful, are lost, or you just haven't got round to buying a pair, the trust Hunter welly is always there for festivals and those wet and rainy walks in the park with your blessed pooch. Perfect.

So guys, that was a HUGE post but I hope it gave you a bit of insight into the beautiful boots on the high street this season. Happy choosing! Love you guys:

Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment