Saturday 21 September 2013

NO7 ESSENTIALLY NATURAL FOUNDATION | First Impression

So guys, just a wee apology beforehand in case this post becomes a little odd or incoherent but I've been working all day and I am so sleepy! I really wanted to share with you my thoughts on the No7 Essentially Natural Foundation however, so I did some before and after shots and observed the foundation throughout the day. Foundation spy!


I wore this foundation on Friday and meant to upload my post then but a spontaneous night out prevented me from doing so. I wore it again today and yesterday I discovered the wonder of straight Disaronno so maybe this was a win win situation! The before photo I took at about 12pm and the after photo was taken at about 9pm just before I went out. That perhaps wasn't an entire day but I kept this foundation on until 2am and if you believe me I can honestly say it looked about the same at that time as it does in the after photo.

The foundation glided on very smoothly to begin with and compared with my current foundation (Nars Sheer Glow) it was thicker but strangely enough had lighter coverage. I was actually quite chuffed that I'd managed to pick the right colour for me as I nearly always get it slightly off and end up buying something that is far too pink or far too dark!

It applied beautifully and really left the skin glowing which I find is quite rare in a drugstore foundation. They often leave skin looking heavy and caked. It layered beautifully over concealer and blended well into the neck. My T zone gets quite oily throughout the day and you can see in the after photo where the foundation has worn off a little. But I was really surprised at how evenly the foundation stayed on the face. Even after it had sunken into the skin slightly and had worn off it didn't get patchy at all. I was skeptical as to whether the foundation was worth the price - £9.95 - but I think it is. It's definitely one of the better drugstore foundations and I love how buildable it is from a very light coverage to a natural looking medium coverage which means I can add a bit more in areas of my face that have more redness.  

I think it's important to set the foundation though as it remains tacky throughout the day without powder and that can feel a bit weird. I quite like how the foundation goes further than you would expect. I tend to apply a blob on the back of my hand and then apply several dots of foundation around my face and then continue to blend them with a Real Technique Expert Face brush. I find these steps work well for me and you end up not wasting the foundation.


I really like this foundation, it was a happy accident as I bought it while exchanging a shower oil I didn't like. It might be too early to say but I think I might repurchase it. Let me know if you guys have tried this foundation too! Thanks for reading everyone!

Take care x

2 comments:

  1. You are very pretty ! Big mouth <3 I love them.

    Following ;) Feel free to myself - can also observe and comment on? It will be a pleasure for me;)
    http://imagine-day.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! Hahah I know!

    Yeah I'll check your blog out :)

    ReplyDelete