Monday 16 September 2013

LUSH TRIO | The Sound Bath & Lush Spa Treatments


I've had a lot of tension in my shoulders and upper back recently and being a singer and focusing on my posture a lot of the time, I need to get that tight and sore feeling removed. I was looking up different places to get massages and of course there was Neal's Yard Remedies but I also came across Lush's Spa Treatments, something I'd never heard of. Their spa treatments are so original and unbelievably well thought out and their masseuses are trained to within an inch of their life to really give you the best massage possible. There are so many that I want to try but I thought I'd mention three of my favourite ones in this post.


The Tailor Made - £40
This massage is very like The Good Hour (an hour long massage focusing on aches and pains all over the body). It lasts for only 30 minutes though and focuses on a particular area of the body that you're having trouble with - perfect for me and my shoulders! This massage has a sea theme which I think is perfect because I've always found the sea and the ocean to be very calm and thoughtful places. The inventor of this massage uses particular movements developed by him which would just make this massage so much more original than all the others. Plus, each massage is accompanied with a calming playlist of sea shanties in the background!


The Sound Bath - £65
This next treatment is one that I am dying to try! If I had a spare sixty five pounds on my right now I would be there! This treatment is an hour long and is completely and utterly unique with the use of ear candles and tuning forks. It's intended to give you a meditative state and remove everything from your brain so you can just relax and feel just 'you'. When you arrive you are seated in a rustic looking kitchen with your therapist and given this wooden box with a little vial inside and special mushroom (I'm 'deadly' serious!) with the words 'Eat me' and 'Drink me' on them. Just like in Alice in Wonderland. The treatment moves you to another world and your head and face are massaged to clear your sinuses and remove all the impurities from your mind. The composer believes that the music we hear in every day life prevents us from truly meditating and he has specially composed pieces for the treatment which return to the purity of music. This treatment is perfect for people who don't like to have their bodies touched by strangers. I found out about this massage from one of the Lush Times and I want to have one so badly! I really need it right now.


The Validation Facial - £75

This treatment targets your face only and was created to make you feel confident and beautiful and ready to achieve anything with a range of Lush's face products. It is slightly pricey but you are given a consultation to select the right products. The facial is accompanied with beautiful music with words woven into the music specially made to make you feel confident and on top of the world. The music includes the beautiful rocking sound of the sea at Dorset captured by the co founder himself Mike Constantine. I really really want this facial, it sounds utterly amazing and relaxing and I could do with a push in the motivation department! Each treatment is intended to be a magical journey and I love this because it's so different from the usual massage you get where you're just plonked down and started on right away. These treatments are more of a relaxed caring process.

I hope you liked knowing about Lush Spa guys, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of you didn't know it existed and I'm desperate to try some of these treatments out! There are Lush Treatment Spas in Edinburgh, Kingston, Leeds, Liverpool, London Chelsea and Poole. The treatments are a bit pricey but for the overall experience and the care and attention to detail it's hardly that much. After all, you can't put a price on happiness! 

Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment